- Your new house. Open up and have a look around. Inform your team leader of which rooms are going to be which.
- Direct traffic. Once you are settled have someone stand at the main entrance that the removal men are using and direct them to the appropriate rooms. Remember all the furniture and boxes are yours so don't expect the removal men to know where you would like things to go. If you are having boxes unpacked, the contents will usually be placed onto a table or appropriate surface for you to put away.
- Check the van. When the van is empty, have a look inside so you know there isn't anything left. If you can't find an item at least you know that it must be in the house somewhere. Check around the house and if you need anything heavy moving ask the removal men they will be more than happy to help. But don't take advantage, and have them move everything again and again.
- Make the beds. The main thing to do tonight is to go to bed and get a good night sleep.
- Sit down & relax. Tomorrow you can start unpacking and sorting out.
If you cannot find your town have a look at the towns and cities that we have help people move house in recently.Moving house in the UK